Negotiating and Preparing Contracts
September 28 @ 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Contracts are daily part of every business owner’s life. When economic times were good, many owners ignored contractual formalities and some even abandoned written agreements altogether. During the days of abundant (and seemingly unending) profits, “handshake deals” often became the norm.
In the current market, however, proliferating disputes and costly litigation have laid bare the perils of doing business without a well-drafted contract. So, how can companies best protect their interests through the contract negotiation and preparation process?
Topics for this webinar include:
- Challenges of doing business in today’s market
- Contract negotiation best practices
- Capturing agreed upon business terms in the contract
- Ensuring today’s deal remains tomorrow deal
- Key areas of exposure and ways to limit liability
- Ways to resolve disputes and help avoid them
- Why “miscellaneous” provisions matter