Educate, energize, and engage emerging leaders by:
- Developing individual leadership skills
- Building a deep understanding of how government, businesses and non-profit organizations plan for and collaborate together to build a strong economy
- Identifying and executing solutions for local non-profit organizations
WHO WE ARE
The Desert Foothills Leadership Academy is the preeminent community-based leadership academy in Arizona.
It was founded in 2018 through an exclusive partnership between The Carefree-Cave Creek Chamber of Commerce and The Holland Community Center.
Our focus is to build a thriving, healthy and sustainable Sonoran Desert Foothills.
We work in partnership with local governments and businesses to educate leaders on the various components of our communities such as first responders, commerce, education, government, and the arts.
Each year, applicants from a variety of sources and from around our region, apply for a challenging and interactive experience taught by current and former executives, experts in leadership and leaders in our community.
GRADUATES WILL RECEIVE:
- Enhanced personal leadership and professional skills
- Broad scope of knowledge about the Desert Foothills Region
- Relationships with a variety of key regional leaders
- Insight into the value they bring to sustaining the Desert Foothills Region
ACADEMY CONTENT/CONCENTRATION AREAS
- Local Issues
- Health Care
- Leadership Development
- Water, Solar, Energy, Utilities
- Land Use/Growth
- Social Services
- Maricopa Association of Governments (MAG)
- Public Safety
ELIGIBILITY AND SELECTION PROCESS
- The Academy accepts up to 25 participants
- The participant selection process includes submission of application, Resume, and in-person interview
- Participants make a one-year commitment to ensure completion of the Academy
- Academy Leadership days are the second Thursday of the month starting January 2023 and ending with Graduation in October 2023
- Program Tuition is $500.00
EMPLOYERS/SPONSORS WILL RECEIVE:
- Education and insights that will support organizational success
- Stronger ties with our local communities
- Network of potential business partners, future employees, and emerging leaders
- Recognition as a valuable contributor and thought leader in the Desert Foothills Region
- Opportunities for increased employee retention